Monday, September 11, 2006

S G L

Small group leader is what I am at this moment in time for a year. What could I possibly say? Sgling is fun and interesting, very interesting and may I add another very in there. It's just full of surprises. It's only been less than a week and so far and I believe that I will love my girls for life. I still find it funny to say "my". Do I really own these girls? Not really but I think I can easily adopt them. I have 7 girls under my wing. That's a scary thought in the natural, but I think my dad actually entrusted me to have them in my life at this time. Purty kool huh? I think so.
So I been learning some stuff already. I've got to pray. You think everyone does that. But seriously and honestly, this is where I pray for others now. It's not me myself and I and my loved ones especially family now, but it's the girls in my lil circle. That's purty huge for someone such as I. Because the whole world evolved around me and now I have to share and it's not much about me anymore. Kinda sad, but I'll get over it. Grief does come and goes away forever. I think. It's also a time to speak over life and destiny on a daily basis over the girls and still right now I'm not sure if it's the same thing over and over everyday or add spice to it to make it more tastier, for me or others? good question I don't know. It's a huge matter.

I only met them once for 2 hours last Friday and it was very worthwhile just being with them. I tried my best to be serious and I did succeed but I failed a few times. I couldn't resist pulling a joke here and there. It was all good, nothin too dramatic that would make the girls run away from my presence. I'm actually really excited about them and see the change as months go by. I know that they will change dramatically. Well, I dunno...but anyway I believe they will leave here deeply impacted by what they learn and mostly experience here and I am so glad to be part of their lives. Isn't that just the most amazing gift? Goodness how sweet can that get? I'm lovin it! One of them is actually excited to meet up again and so am I. I want to look cool but (not like I have it all together cool), but relaxed cool and not overly excited scared that I may turn off someone that I may not truly know at heart yet. Know what I mean? Anyway few of you may. Sometimes I can get very excited and some can not handle it and... I don't think I should care less. It's my own feeling of joy and I will express the way I am. Kool, well I just think I just got a revelation of that. Well someone say Praise the Lord!!!

I got to sit and chat with my mentor. I have to keep this on a low profile since she is highly wanted and needed and Yes! I have her in my life and I just love her. I know she loves me dearly and I am looking forward to meet with her and have times of questioning and emailing as months roll by. There will be more times to update and stuff with her, and so this week, she took me out for lunch, how fun is that? and I just basically talked about moose meat and shared about my experiences here already. You know important/fun stuff. Ya, it's such an exciting thing for me about this since I was a person of I can do all things on my own strenght and I am the ultimate miss independant woman, but loads of it has changed, but it's still going to be a challenge, but I want it and I know I need it as well. So yea, another so many interesting things going on in my life. Yes, life is indeed beautiful and why don't we make it more wonderful!!ful!ful!

Ok Thursday night, we had our first social and Manuel, Hannah and I are on the Social Committee. Any comments or suggestions can be emailed at us. Anyway, our theme for the evening was "Blasted Into The Future". ooooooooo Sounds deep and very spiritual doesn't it? Well not really, we had thrown off our highly spiritual cloaks and put on some garments of pure joy. We all dressed as Old Folks and of course I had to make it very special and so I went to VV boutique and bought a nice black n blue checkered dress and looked the BEST. You know how it is... I was very good looking I must say with the cutest butt and added some other stuff. Some of you may understand the butt situation. I just loved it and so did the sgl girls. The group was very enthusiastic about the whole night and it was indeed fun and crazy and you get to see some stuff in other people's masks. It's fun to watch. Niki did great being the M.C. as she used a southern accent, but she's from North Carolina. She's my roomate. We played games and the all time favorite poo dunk was made by me, Phil and I can't remember who, but it was nasty! The games/dances were fun and could have gone on and on But we ended with "all the things that I've done..." by the Killers. Of course it's never the same without my school. Overall, it was not perfectly well planned out but worked out perfectly with the help of everyone.... Teamwork=Success! ok I will try not to be mathematical here. I'm sure you know what I mean.

It's been two Sundays in a row now that we went to eat at this nice place called 'Spring Roll'. I've been there once before with Andrea and other peeps I can't recall at this moment, but last sunday we...let me name them all. All girls from my school, Susan, Shannon, Alysha, Melissa, Hannah, Jenny and I went to eat and had.... funtimes!! It was special I must say. Susan's sisters joined us later on. It's really a nice place to go. I highly recommend you to go. The this evening after Central, we all sgls and Jon Boerger joined to share the joys of having Jack in our lives. He's now a man and no longer a teeny man. So now, my plan is only to go there on special days/evenings. I'd like to go there on a real date once or twice with the man of my dreams. shhh. Don't spread the word people. I think there is someone. I should shut my mouth. I am not allowed to date so I should leave it like that. So there will be no more further things to comment on this. zip! I meant to conclude that Spring Roll is only reserved for special moments in my life. Say if I mastered over eating, I would go there to indulge myself. That didn't quite make any sense. Yea, sometimes I do catch myself doing that. It's a fawnsita thing.
I think I must go up and rest as I may really need it this week. It's now father heart week with a couple from England. (Dalys) I love the accent and I get to host them! cool!! anyway bedtime calls!

1 comment:

A.J. said...

My goodness you do love to write! I think I must be getting old as I could barely read the type!
:-)

intellectual + mirror

My photo
Im Indian Im not the average Indian girl Im not as dark as I wish to be Deer is me