Sunday, August 17, 2008

the Arctic Call

Sooooooooooo after months of waiting to receive a call like... you are hired!!! has finally come few days ago. It was actually more like 'are you still interested?' I had sent my cv months ago and I guess they were on holidays and the center was under renovations and wondered if I was still interested. Of course I was and am still very interested!!! I was just in the waiting room for so long and the time has finally come.

I told my friend early this summer that I had a feeling that I may get hired in the Fall and it's possible that I will be there this Fall. I should get another phone call from the chairperson for confirmation and stuff. In the meantime I shall get ready for things.

These past couple weeks have been interesting now when I look back. There were times I felt like I needed to get ready, for what? just about the future, maybe read and write, get my notes sorted out. Then another day I thought of writing a song about someone who has contemplated on suicide, like a song of desperation and another one on a young woman's struggle for life. That morning, I said thank you God for the call of receiving a new job.

All these things started to make sense and it wasn't all about me and my desires. But it was a preparation for what's to come. I shall be in contact with people who had it rough and tough. These people I already have a heart for. I actually sang out a song for them and started crying. Very intriguing moment!

No comments:

intellectual + mirror

My photo
Im Indian Im not the average Indian girl Im not as dark as I wish to be Deer is me